Can I reschedule/continue my court date?

If you need to reschedule your court date and it is before your scheduled appearance, you need to contact the officer at 803-547-2022. You may have to leave a message. You may also request a continuance in open court, however, you will need a valid reason to do so. Valid reasons may include the need to get or consult an attorney or to request a jury trial. The presiding judge may continue the court date on your scheduled court date depending on the circumstances of the case.

Show All Answers

1. Can I reschedule/continue my court date?
2. Do I have court today?
3. Something unexpected has come up (e.g. illness, car issues, etc.) and I cannot make my court date today. Can you tell the judge/officer or continue my case?
4. Why didn’t the judge dismiss my case since the officer was not there ?
5. Can I represent myself?
6. My child (age 17 or older) received a ticket for curfew violation, possession of tobacco, or underage drinking. Does he/she need to go to court?
7. My child (age 16 or older) received a traffic ticket. Does he/she need to appear in court?
8. What is the procedure for entering a plea to a criminal charge?
9. What happens at a trial?
10. Can I plead by phone?
11. How long is the court session? Will it last longer than an hour?
12. Can I get a prayer for judgment?
13. Can I appear earlier than my trial date and time and speak with the judge?
14. Can I pay my ticket and still appear to plead not guilty?
15. What is the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) telephone number ?
16. What to do if my driver’s license is suspended for failing to pay a traffic ticket?
17. What type of payments do you accept?
18. When do I have to have my fine?
19. Can my fine be deducted from monies posted for my bond?
20. What will happen if I don’t pay my fine by the due date ?
21. Can I pay over the phone?
22. When will I get my bond money back?
23. Who gets the money on a refund?
24. What are court costs?
25. What do I do about the officer being rude?
26. Why aren’t the employees more helpful?
27. Will you call the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and tell them I paid my ticket?