Where can campaign signs be placed?

During election season, please note that per Article III, Section 4.11 of the Town of Fort Mill’s Zoning Ordinance regarding Prohibited Signs, campaign signs cannot be placed within any road right-of-way. Signs can be placed on private property, both residential and commercial, as long as you have permission from the property owner and the signage is located in such a way so that it does not obstruct the visibility of any vehicular or pedestrian traffic. Signs that are found to be in violation of the ordinance may be removed by town staff. If you have questions, please contact the town Planning Department at (803) 547-2034. 

Show All Answers

1. Is my property in the Town of Fort Mill's jurisdiction?
2. What is my property zoned?
3. Where can campaign signs be placed?
4. What does the zoning of my property mean?
5. How do I locate my property lines?