- Municipal Court
- Preparing for Court
Preparing for Court
NOTE: No requests for continuances will be considered on the day of your scheduled appearance in court.
Before you come to court, here are the things you should bring with you:
- Proper identification (driver’s license, State ID, passport)
- Your copy of the citation
- Appearance letter and/or court documents
- Any receipts regarding your case (i.e., bond receipts, cash bail receipts, etc.)
- Any documents which prove compliance with the judge’s orders and/or sentencing
- Method of payment (cash, money order, or cashiers’ check)
- Do not use nicknames or an alias. Use the same spelling as listed on documents related to the case and ensure spelling on the documents is correct. If they are not, please advise the court
- Provide the court with your current address
- Appropriate dress is required. No obscene slogans on clothing, hats, or cell phones. Shirt and shoes are required
Warning: If you fail to appear in court as ordered, the court may issue a warrant for your arrest and you can be jailed and/or fined. For more information, comments, or questions contact us at 803-547-2021.
If you are representing yourself and have not retained an attorney please inform the court of any address changes, phone number changes or other information that may be necessary to keep you informed of your trial’s status.
Represented by an Attorney
If you are being represented by an attorney or a public defender you must contact them for the information regarding your trial. If you are represented by a private attorney you must keep in contact with them for the status of your trial.