The Town of Fort Mill offers an attractive benefit package to full-time employees that includes the following:
- BlueChoice PPO—Health Insurance at no cost for employee only coverage.
- Principal Dental - at no cost for employee only coverage.
- The town pays towards the premium of other levels of family health and dental coverage.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: The Town of Fort Mill offers flexible spending accounts (FSA). FSAs allow employees to pay for out-of-pocket health and dependent daycare expenses with pre-tax dollars. This means that before federal, state, and Social Security taxes are calculated and deducted from pay, the FSA funds are taken to reduce the employees’ gross pay, thereby lowering the taxable income.
- Group life insurance policy: $25,000 life insurance policy is provided to all full-time employees.
- Supplemental policies offered: Vision, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Term Life and Whole Life Insurance, Accident and Cancer policies.
- The town contributes to the South Carolina Retirement System and Police Officer Retirement System. Retirement Benefits can be seen at https://www.peba.sc.gov/
- The town contributes $10 per pay period toward a 401k Pre-Taxed account through South Carolina PEBA Deferred Compensation. The package also offers 401k Roth, 457 pre-taxed and 457 Roth investment opportunities.
- Employees accrue 6.67 hours per month vacation time and 8 hours per month sick time.
- Employees can earn up to 8 hours per fiscal year for wellness attended events.
- Ten paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Spring Holiday (Monday after Easter), Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Recognized holidays that fall on a Saturday will be observed on the preceding Friday. Recognized holidays that fall on a Sunday will be observed on the following Monday.
- Employee Assistance Program is here to help when personal concerns become overwhelming and affect an employee’s happiness, family relations, performance at work, and even health. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers counseling, education, and referral services to employees and their eligible dependents. The program provides free, professional counseling services that are strictly confidential.
Health and Wellness:
- Biometric Screening and Health Fair: Each year the Town provides a health fair to educate employees on their benefits and other health related topics. Biometric screenings are provided to each employee with a bloodwork data that can be shared with their primary care physician at no cost to the employee.
- Annual Physicals are provided to all Firefighter personnel.
- Wellness Points: Employees can earn wellness points for time off during the year by attending lunch and learns, participating in a tobacco cessation program, challenges, blood drives, flu shots, and any other event that will benefit the employees health and/or safety.